3/03/2013

susan miller gets it

Ang aga-aga pa lang ng Marso at nagkakatotoo na agad ang ibang hula ni Tita Susan Miller.
If your parent or other family member needs your help, it is evident that you will clear your calendar to attend to home-related concerns. Even if other family members, such as a sibling, also care deeply about your parent or other relative, it appears you will be in the best position to offer help, and you will find the right options. ... Planets in Pisces are dearly compassionate, too, so chances are, you will make a decision that is empathic and caring for your beloved relative. - Astrology Zone
With a self-imposed deadline this week, I've never been so excited to cross out all the items in my to-do list. I was finally moving forward with a ~career path~ I've always wanted to pursue. I even gladly squeezed in a few hours of work today, a Sunday, because I was that determined to achieve that goal.

But, as it always happens when I finally decide to continue instead of quit, life throws me a big curveball, catching me off guard.

I'm going to Cebu and then Southern Leyte tomorrow—no cellphone signal, no Internet, no TV, no radio—and I'll be there until Friday. This was decided on the very moment I opened my eyes this morning.

Since I work from home, I'm the default person to accompany Mama to her Tita's funeral. I'm stressed and pissed off and somewhat harassed because this will set my project back several days, and I always beat myself up for bending rules I set for myself even though there's a valid reason. (And because funerals are just never fun, okay.)

Yet I know that my mother needs support. I hate that I hate having to go there (despite my siblings' "encouragement" that I'm finally setting foot on Cebu!). I'm being insensitive and extremely selfish, I know.

What I don't know is what the hell the Universe wants me to experience with this thing. Perhaps it simply wants me to be a more loving, selfless, empathic person.

Or maybe there's nothing to gain from this, that the whole situation never revolved around me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment