2/14/2013

on helping


“I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.” - Charles de Lint


When you help someone in need and he turns out to be a scam, what do you do? One, you announce the gist of that quote to save face; and two, you keep on doing your bit.

My naivete gets me in trouble sometimes, but I realize that what others maliciously do to me is in no way a reflection of the flaws in my character. I like to think everyone else is innately good, and I can never tell for sure whether a person is genuinely in need, so I'll just help when I can and feel I can. I'm probably gonna find myself in danger one day for this, but for now all's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment